A delicate and surreal reworking of the ever-popular floral motif. At first glance they appear to be kimono art inspired flowers, on second glance, beautiful little monsters!
The super duper talented Eloise Jephson completed her Print for Fashion BA at Central St Martins, interning at Henrik Vibskov and Versace before she graduated. Things that inspire her she describes as 'boring but true' - the V&A museum, pottering around London and more than anything going back to the countryside (because it lets her imagination run riot). Having just left her job as a print designer for a big luxury fashion brand, she's striking out on her own to create beautiful silk scarves covered in her magical, fantastical brood of flower monsters and mythical creatures. Just in the process of creating her website, keep up with her here for now.
*Please note: Due to the pigment inks and natural fabric that we use, you may notice a little fading after frequent washing. Additionally, it is difficult to accurately represent the colours of a printed product on a computer screen, so please bear this in mind when ordering your fabric. See our FAQ's for more details.*
- We print our fabric using digital textile printers. Put simply, it works kind of like your home desktop inkjet printer - but just quite a bit bigger!
- We only print what you order, meaning that we don't produce any excess (the fancy name for this is 'print-on-demand').
- We print using pigment inks, which is much more friendly to the environment that many other printing methods, requiring no water and a lot less electricity.
- We print, pack and send out your order to you from our HQ in West London within 5 working days of you placing an order with us.
Inks & Coating
- We currently print on optic white Cotton Poplin
- Weight is 130 gsm / 383 oz per yard
- Thread count is 132 x 72
- Shrinkage is approximately 3%
- We print using pigment inks and our inks conform to the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 label.
- Our cotton is coated before printing to maximise the wash fastness, rub fastness and colour vibrancy of the inks. Our coating also conforms with OEKO - TEX standards and does not contain any substance from the SVHC list of the European Chemical Agency.
- Machine wash at 30°c
- Always pre-wash before use
Fabric from our fabric design gallery comes in three sizes:
- Fat Quarter - 18" x 22" / 45.5cm x 55.5cm
- Half metre - 58" x 19.5" / 147cm x 50cm
- Full metre - 58" x 39" / 147cm x 100cm
- 10 metres + = 10% discount on your order
- 25 metres + = 15% discount on your order
- 50 metres + = 20% discount on your order