Charlotte here and it is my honour and pleasure to take the opportunity to distract for a little while on this Friday. So, here are just some of the things I've been distracting myself with over the past few weeks:
(Just one little thing! The video embed function has gone a little awry for some unknown reason, so click on the images to be taken to videos)
1. Rediscovering old hobbies and passions
Talking of reading, it's fiction I've abandoned over the years. As well as constantly seeking opinions from a range of experienced advisors, I do, however, voraciously read lots of business publications and articles in an effort to train myself up for our BHL journey. A lot of publications I read deal with big problems that only affect gigantor businesses and, while it may still make for an interesting read, it won't per se shed much light on a relatable experience for a small startup like us. Which is why, I loved this one about the famous Katz's Deli in NYC (made very famous by this scene from 'When Harry met Sally'). It analyses a successful small business with the same questions as you would a big business and helps demonstrate how completely nonlinear success is.
3. Sewing shenanigans: Plotting my very first lingerie make!
4. Reconfirmed Beyonce as my queen
5. On the subject of music, here's a live performance I wish I'd seen with my own eyes:
... and this performance is just joyous and slightly mad
6. Current instagram hero is :
@gabriel_held - for throwback gems for eyes and ears such as this
this (yes, I am obviously also a massive Destiny's Child fan)
And this just because WOW
7. A profound and moving extract from an interview with Kubrick in, bizarrely, Playboy magazine, about the meaning of life:
And with that, I leave you folks! Happy happy Friday and hope you all have a relaxing weekend.