Calling all budding sewists and Great British Sewing Bee enthusiasts in and around Birmingham (UK that is, one day hopefully we'll be jetsetting all over the world to teach our patterns...) - Charlotte and Elisalex will be teaching you how to sew the Anna Dress at Guthrie & Ghani: haberdasher and sewing cafe du jour and home to GBSB finalist Lauren Guthrie. The class will span the weekend of Sat 28th and Sun 29th September, 10am - 4.30pm. Sure, we may be a little biased, but we think the Anna Dress is the perfect project for a beginner - quick and easy to sew with dramatically impressive results.
- image courtesy of My Happy Sewing Place -
The Anna is an effortless dress featuring double pleats at the bust, kimono sleeves and a panelled a-line skirt. Variations include both slash and v-neck options, plus midi and maxi skirt possibilities and a dramatic thigh high split. Cut it short for the perfect festival dress, or make it worthy of the red carpet with a maxi skirt and thigh high split.
During this class you will learn:
- how to follow a pattern to cut out your dress in the size suitable for your measurements
- how to choose pattern variations to suit your preferences
- how to shape the bust with pleats and bust darts
- how to insert and invisible zip
- how to flawlessly & invisibly hand finish the garment (including using blind stitching)
What is included in this workshop?:
- your very own Anna dress pattern to take home and make as many times as you like
- use of all tools, machines and equiptment
- tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or there are some nice local places to get lunch)
- You will need to bring along your own fabric, invisible zip and matching thread to make the dress with. Please contact us we will help you work out how much you need depending on what variation you prefer. Booking onto the class entitles you to 10% off the fabric and notions required to make the dress.
You must be confident and have recent experience using a sewing machine to attend this class.
Places are limited, so book your spot in the class here!